Monday 16 June 2014

Dinch Date at Lenas

Dinch, my new word for describing meals that combine dinner and lunch. Haha. It always happens because me and loverboy get up late on weekends, and most places would have ended their brunch. Well, but it's okay because dinch is satisfying as well so long as we're eating with the right company. 

I remember I was feeling really down that week because I received a sad news. Loverboy gave me a ticket to go shopping with me, minus the incessant nagging he always has while walking beside me in shops. I chose to go to the West side because I haven't got the chance to explore the shopping centres which have popped up all around that area, think of JEM, Westgate etc. He also treated me to Lenas because he tried before and loves it, and simply because I needed some comfort and nice food.

It was so so satisfying that we did not feel hungry at all till the next morning. Quite amazing, given loverboy's rapid metabolism rate. But that's probably because, we order two dessert sets together with our main courses. And portions were really huge! In a good way, of course. There were a lot of people queuing up and dining there, and I'm not surprised because the food was amazingly tasty for such a small price tag. We had everything at only $48!

Lenas
#01-16, Jem, 
50 Jurong Gateway Road

Loverboy's beef burger.

     My chicken chop with pesto sauce.
It tasted so goooood! 
The meat wasn't dry, it was really juicy inside and crispy on the outside. And the sauce complemented really well with the meat, it tasted savory and doesn't make you sick of the taste like what some mushroom sauce does after a while. You can choose the sides (astons style) and the coleslaw was humongous and we could taste fresh vegetables in it, not like those machine-made kinds where the vegetables are so mashed we can't taste a thing. 






We don't normally top our meals off with desserts but we did this time round because there was a promotion ongoing. We could choose a dessert and drink with just a top up of $7! 

For the desserts, I chose the crispy banana while loverboy chose the pancakes with choc sauce. Both tasted amazing and though mine looked like it was just normal goreng pisang, it tasted really good because it was crispy outside like fried popiah while soft and all mashed inside. The pancakes tasted normal but the unique topping of chocolate sauce made it extra special. Just wished they had been more generous with the sauce though.

Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience at Lenas. I would definitely go back a second time for its superb quality of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment