Saturday 15 November 2014

Taobao Shopping Loots

Back to writing about little snippets of my life after a month away from this space.
Work is keeping me so so busy, and we don't even have time to explore new eating places.
Hope things get better after Loverboy graduates this semester and after this transitional phase at work.

A while ago (or rather 2 months ago), I purchased some stuff from Taobao, my ever favourite shopping website!! It wasn't my first time purchasing from them, but it was my first time making the purchase myself and not going through a third party dealer. 

Of course, it meant immense savings!
And the process was so easy peasy.
Really satisfied with most of my buys this time round, so gonna share what I bought.

Apparel
Taobao has so many clothes that sometimes scrolling through it is enough to make me dizzy.
And all their apparel are so cheap that once you start shopping from Taobao, 
you will never feel like buying from local online shops (unless they do self-manufacturing).

This top is so flowy and cooling! 
It comes in sizes and 2 colours, but rmb to size down since the cutting is quite big.


Crochet Dress - S$11.50
This dress' sizing runs big too, and it is too long on me!
But otherwise, material is fantastic and thick enough.


This top is major love for me! 
The sizing is just nice and material is not sheer at all.
Great for covering up tummy after buffet. Haha.


I saw this skirt selling on LoveBonito after I carted it out from Taobao.
The silky material is fabulous, feels so smooth and is non-sheer at all.
So much win!


Bought this for my evening run in the park.
Minimises the number of mozzie bites I sometimes get from wearing shorts.

Miscellaneous
Not sure where to categorise my other purchases. Haha.
Taobao sells so many items sometimes I'm tempted into buying something I might not even need.
But because it's so cheap, I don't feel too much heartache!


Roomy Bag - S$16.50
This is one of my fav buys! 
The bag is so sturdy and the faux leather feels real to the touch.
The interior is also made up of faux suede and so comfy touching it!
Totally suitable for bringing overseas where I can contain all my barang barang because it's so spacious and roomy.
And I won't get heartbroken if I spot any scratches because I can just buy another one~
Plus, it comes with a free gift - a really cute post-it pad.


Love this pair of sunnies because when I put it on, about at least a third of my face is covered.
Haha. The material is good and even comes with a pouch!



This cover is on my phone now and one of my fav buys too!
It is not flimsy at all and the plastic doesn't feel cheapo.
And because it has a grainy surface for the prints, I don't see any scratches till now even though I'm throwing my phone on the table every time.
Plus, they gave me a free notebook for my purchase!



This iPhone cover was for Loverboy and he loved it so much.
It's so quirky because once it's on the phone, the hand of Simpsons will map right on the Apple logo and it will look like he is eating the Apple logo.

My sis saw the same design selling from a local online store and asked in jest whether Taobao has it. Out of curiosity, I went to do a search and immediately found this!
And, it was around 4x cheaper than the online store.


Me and Loverboy were looking for this lens since we got a polaroid 5 years ago.
When we saw it selling at a camera store, we were so happy but were bummed out by the price which costs in the range of $10-$20.
But, glad that we patiently sourced for cheaper ones and found this!
It works fine and will be so convenient when we take selfie polaroids now.


Polaroid Photo Album - S$3.80/each
Can you imagine the amount of polaroid photos we have accumulated over the last 5 years?
Haha. It's really in a mess now and I knew I had to get these albums when I saw it on Taobao.
Not the cheapest, but definitely still cheaper than what local stores are selling.

*******

Overall, the shipping came up to about $40 and it only took about a week for all my items to arrive in Singapore! Super fast delivery service by Taobao and so much more savings since I don't have to pay agent fees.

Some may say that after adding the shipping fees, the item costs the same as local stores.
But that's not really true!
If I factor in the shipping fees (avg $3/item), it will still costs way much cheaper than local stores, especially in terms of the apparel.

As Xmas is coming, I'm looking forward to do another shopping spree on Taobao again! 
Hehe, can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment